WHY STUDY IN USA
The USA is an educational hub with over 4500 institutions offering undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate degrees. Study in USA for Indian students has continued to been an attractive prospective, this can be attributed to the quality education, cutting edge technology, work opportunities, excellent funding options and flexible curriculum. Higher education in USA for Indian students offers a mind-boggling range of universities with highly sophisticated and enlightening educational environments. Study in USA also provides phenomenally higher returns over a students’ investment. USA education is the best investment for the future. Study in USA is affordable as its institutions provide a wide spectrum of tuition fees, accommodation options and financial help in the form of scholarships, fee waivers, aids, etc. The U.S.A pride themselves on being at the forefront of technology, research and techniques as they make the best possible equipment and resources available to their students.
Study in USA for Indian students is a prominent factor since the country combines diverse geography and culture while having a reputation for academic excellence. The USA is a leading destination for students pursuing a Master’s degree. It's a melting pot of ethnicities, nationalities, races, classes, and opinions, and with a large number of foreign students enrolled programs all over the country. Study in USA from India helps students enhance their career.
No matter what program of study interests you, you’re sure to find something that meets your needs. The USA is particularly renowned for a large number of non-traditional options for pursuing a Master’s degree, such as part-time studies, online programs, and distance learning options. According to the Council of Graduate Schools (CGS), around 15% of all graduate-level students in the US are international.
The most popular subject to study in USA for international graduate students is Engineering, Business, followed by courses relating to Physical and Earth Sciences.
Higher education in USA for Indian students usually ranges around these eminent fields:
- Biological and Life Sciences: This field studies the interaction between humans and the earth. Students explore the structure, function, behaviour, and evolution of cells, organisms, populations, and ecosystems.
- Business Studies: It is the study of Economics and Management, through which the student is equipped with the essentials to be a business professional.
- Economics and Administration: The students learn to analyse and solve problems of products and international markets in multinational and international companies.
- Energy: An Energy degree focuses on energy efficiency issues by studying ways to improve the ecosystem and reduce the load on energy.
- Engineering and Technology: Study in USA for Indian students is prominent in the said field. It prepares the student for the technologically oriented prospects of the world. The USA leads the world on the list of “Most Technological Innovations”.
- Fashion: Fashion Studies, include Designing, Marketing and Production of clothing. The USA is the centre for trends and style, with Hollywood and its celebrities setting the style statement.
- Humanities and Social Sciences: It is the field of study that broadly encompasses the anthropology of humankind occupying the disciplines of societies.
- Law: General skills include research, interpretation and explanation of complex subjects, analytical thinking and practical problem solving.
- Management: The course builds on existing communications and consumer behaviour models in order to explore many of the issues facing a modern-day manager.
- Marketing and Communication: Communication is a set of activities involved in managing and orchestrating all internal and external communications aimed at creating awareness in prospective markets.
- Natural Sciences: It is an attempt to understand how the world and universe around us works.
- Professional Studies: It is a field of study used to classify academic programs which are applied or interdisciplinary in focus. The term can also be used for non-academic training for a specific profession.
- Sport: Study in USA for this field of education concerns the business aspects of sports and recreation.
- Tourism and Hospitality: These courses cover the fundamentals of Tourism Economics, Food Service, and Legal Issues.
USA is one of the strongest economies in the world. In the United States, the highest earning occupational groups are the white-collar professionals including managers, physicians, mathematicians, financial managers, software publishers, computer engineers etc.
The USA has also been on the forefront in telecoms, medicine, health care and genetics. Study in USA for Indian students includes on campus jobs as well. Students are allowed to work 20 hrs per week during semester (on-campus). On-campus jobs may include teaching assistantship or research assistantship where a student is paid on an average $8 to $10/hour.
Thus, students can approximately earn $ 500-$ 600/month or can get a waiver on their tuition fees. With this, a student who decides to study in USA can also undertake an internship in the related field which may be paid. During vacation, the student is allowed to work for 40 hours per week.
Study in USA from India after graduation, enables students to work for 1 year popularly known as OPT (Optional Practical Training). Students with certain degrees in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) field are allowed to work for 36 months. On completion of their OPT, students can apply for a H1 B visa (Work Permit Visa) for work.
Study in USA for Indian students can be very competitive. Each university/department has its own admission requirements for the course of study.
Universities in USA have 3 intakes: Fall: August/September, Spring: January/February and Summer: April/May. The major intake is in Fall, but most of the universities are open for Spring and few of them for Summer too.
English Language Requirements
All students must have the required English language proficiency to study in USA. TOEFL score of 70-80 for Undergraduate studies and 80-90 for Postgraduate is a decent score. IELTS score of 6.0- 6.5 for Undergraduates and 6.5-7 band for Postgraduate studies is required. Over 3000 institutions in the USA recognize the IELTS &PTE exam.
Entry Requirements + Eligibility to study in USA for Indian students
- Undergraduate: 10+2
- Graduate:16 years of education required
- Some institutions accept 3 years of degree into their Master’s program
- Strong academic background
- Good scores in entrance exams like SAT/ACT/GRE/GMAT & TOEFL/IELTS/PTE
- Strong Recommendation Letters
- Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement, Essays & Resume
- Certificates of achievement & extra-curricular activity participation
- Sound financial background
The Application Process
Study in USA application process consists of 9 stages
1. Pre-Application Stage: This stage comprises of collection of information through education fairs, events and consultants
2. Preparations for Entrance Exams.
3. Identifying the universities.
4. Preparing the Passport.
5. Undertaking Test and Universities Selection
This step consists of 2 sub steps: -
- Test Training (GRE/GMAT/SAT/TOEFL/IELTS/PTE)
Test Training Consists of: Computer Adaptive Tests, Mock Sessions, Seeking Application Material for test registration, Actual Test Registration
- University Selection,
It consists of: Finalizing the subject, Checking the University ranking, Overall/Subject-wise ranking, Curriculum prospectus, Faculty profile, Student demography, Research demography, Research facilities at university, Funding option/cost, Infrastructure.
6. Application Documentation
In this step students have to collect and complete all the set of documents, namely: - Covering Letter, Application Fees, Application Form, Statement of Purpose, Essays, Resume, Recommendation Letters, Transcripts, Mark Sheets & Certificates, Bank Certificate, Affidavit of Financial Support, Test Score Report
7. Admission Confirmations:
This includes, receiving an Unconditional Admit Letter, receiving and verifying University I-20 Form, Financial Aid/Assistantship/ Waiver letter
8. Student Visa (F-1):
For higher education in USA for Indian students, this is the stage where students are required to complete the Visa process: Submitting the I-20 Form, Verifying Passport, Resume, Paying Visa Fee, Paying SEVIS Fee, Test Score Report, Academic Documents, Affidavit, IT Returns, Supporting Documents for all Finances
9. Lastly, students have to make Pre-Departure arrangements that include Accommodation, Air Ticketing, Insurance, Airport Pickup, Forex